ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as cover letters, thank you notes, references, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact the ICA Employment Specialist, Kerri, at email@example.com or 952.279.0286.
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Don't have a Twitter account? Sign up here.
Job Assistance and Computer Access at Hopkins Library
ICA Employment Assistance teams up with the Hopkins Library to offer job search assistance and computer access on Thursdays from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm this fall! Many laptop computers with internet service are available for your use. The ICA Employment Specialist with be on hand to assist you with resumes, applications, job search strategies, etc. at the Hopkins Library, 22 11th Ave. N. in Hopkins, 612.543.6400. Hope to see you there!
New Information as of 10/17/16
Upcoming ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours at K-Tel
Thursday, 10/20/16, from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm. Get some quick tips on your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities or schedule an appointment, too!
Upcoming Job Events - dress professionally and bring your resume
- People of Color Career Fair: Tuesday, October 18th at the Minneapolis Convention Center, Room 101, starting at 9:00 am. Click here for more information and to register.
- State of Minnesota Career Fair: Saturday, October 29th at Minnesota Senate Building, 95 University Ave. W., St. Paul. 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Great online resources
Check out these online resources:
uptowork - full of job searching tips and advice
Excel Easy - learn how to use Microsoft Excel.
New Job Opportunities
- The University of MN is hiring Event Staff - have fun while making money! Click here for more information.
- Target is hiring for many positions at Knollwood! Click here to apply online or apply onsite at a job kiosk. Pick up a flyer at our K-Tel location.
- AirServe has several opportunities at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport. Click here to apply.
- Bethesda Thrift Store in Minnetonka has several openings. Apply online or call Conan Stanton at 952.939.0988 with questions.
- Customer Service positions available at Cardtronics in Minnetonka. Cardtronics is a fabulous place to work with a competitive starting wage, great benefits, and a fun office atmosphere. Click here to apply. If you have any questions, contact Carol Johnson, Human Resources Manager, at 952.767.2013 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Andersen Windows: 71 Job openings
- Golden Living: Positions available at multiple locations
References are so important; have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. Here are some resources to help you with references:
7 Job-Search Worries You Can Stop Stressing About