Employment Assistance Home
ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as: resumes, cover letters, thank you notes, reference pages, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact Kerri Simafranca at firstname.lastname@example.org; (952)279-0286.
Take advantage of walk-in hours with the Employment Specialist
Kerri, will be available Thursdays from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm for walk-in appointments/questions at the new K-Tel location. Get some quick help with your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities, too!
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Sign up for a Twitter account here.
New Information as of 1/22/2015
Access to computers for job search
The west suburban office of Hennepin County Human Services located at 1011 1st Street South, Hopkins in the Wells Fargo Building has 3 computers available from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm for your use. There is printing capability and someone available to assist you in navigating the computer.
New Training Opportunities
- Exciting (free) training opportunities available at North Hennepin Community College through IOCP. Contact Kerri directly at (952) 279-0286 for information.
First Student will be recruiting at ICA!
Learn more about opportunities at First Student, visit a company representative at K-Tel from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Monday, 1/26/15. First Student pays $15/hr for driving positions, allows your children on the bus during routes, and offers great benefits. Click here to access pre-application.
New Job Opportunities
- Sears Imported Autos has positions open in the service area. Click here to download the application and/or stop by and talk to Riede Willemsen in Service. Good benefits and opportunity for advancement.
- Hedberg Supply open positions - Accounting Assistant, Landscape Sales Rep, Yard Lead, Customer Service Associates, and other various marketing positions. Click here for application information or contact HR at 763.392.5913.
- There are many Leeann Chin job opportunities - call Chris @ 612.991.0677. Click here to download an application.
- Job Opportunities at Seward Community Co-op in Minneapolis. Click here to apply.
- Program/House Manager opportunity at Dungarvin. Apply at dungarvin.com, requisition #14-0154 and attache your resume. Dungarvin encourages applicants of all minority backgrounds to apply.
- Genereux Fine Wood Products in Monticello is looking for line workers to assist in the production of cabinets. Call Pat at 763.271.6931, if interested.
- Apex International has many openings for manufacturing positions. Click here for website or apply in person and interview by stopping in at their office, 134 Columbia Court Chaska, MN 55318.
- Deli Express is hiring several positions in Eden Prairie.
- Lunds and Byerly's is hiring - they have many signs up in their stores! Click here for website.
- JCPenney has many openings in the Twin Cities metro area
- Cub Foods at 101/7 is hiring for many positions. Contact Brian at 952.938.1404.
Construction industry websites:
- Click here to view state construction positions available. Register on the Construction Hiring Connection here.
- Tradesmen International - click here
- Roofing and flooring positions at CentiMark and QuestMark. Click here for job opportunities, email at HR@centimark.com, or call Mark Frazier at (952) 656-9973.
References are so important - have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. How to choose the right references for your job search.
Weekly Tip - How to Answer this Question - What's Your Greatest Strength?