Employment Assistance Home
ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as: resumes, cover letters, thank you notes, reference pages, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact Kerri Simafranca at firstname.lastname@example.org; (952)279-0286.
Take advantage of walk-in hours with the Employment Specialist
Kerri, will be available Thursdays from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm for walk-in appointments/questions at the new K-Tel location. Get some quick help with your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities, too!
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Sign up for a Twitter account here.
New Information as of 4/23/2015
Use Twitter to look at job opportunities
There are more and more jobs 'tweeted" - sign up for a Twitter account and access jobs through @JobConnectmn, @myTCjob, and other Twitter handles.
Job Fair at the WIlly MCoys Event Center in Champlin, 11:00 am to 3:00 pm on Tuesday, April 28th. Over 60 employers will be there ready to hire. Dress professionally and bring at least 10 copies of your resume. Click here for more information.
New Job Opportunities
- City Carrier Assistant positions available with USPS - click here to apply online. Go to "Search Jobs & Apply Online", type Hopkins in the location box, highlight Minnesota, then click start. Pay starts at 15.68/hr, earn vacation days.
- Waste Management has 250 job opportunities in the Twin Cities. Click here, read and complete the job application, and submit the form. Call 1.800.514.1664 to speak with Michelle about your application.
- Kohl's is hiring. Click here to apply or pick up an application at ICA St. Davids or K-Tel locations.
- Leeann Chin is hiring at the Edina, Hopkins, and West End locations. Click here to download an application or pick one up at ICA St. Davids or K-Tel locations.
- English Rose Suites/bhome needs caregivers! Click here to apply.
- Sears Imported Autos has positions open in the service area. Click here to download the application and/or stop by and talk to Riede Willemsen in Service. Good benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Now hiring at the new Glen Lake's Market.
Click here for information. Email resume or a letter of interest to: Careers@glenlakesmarketmn.com.
Warehouse opportunities with WayTek, Inc in Chanhassen
WayTek is looking for 3-4 full time warehouse employees. Waytek provides training, pays well, and offers great benefits. Stop by to apply or pick up an application at 2440 Galpin Court, Chanhassen 55317. For more information contact Mike Larson at 952.465.0443; email@example.com or click here to watch VAI S2K Warehouse: Wayteck Inc.
Access to computers for job search
The west suburban office of Hennepin County Human Services located at 1011 1st Street South, Hopkins in the Wells Fargo Building has 3 computers available from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm for your use. There is printing capability and someone available to assist you in navigating the computer.
New Training Opportunities
- Free hotel housekeeping training for new American women starts on May 11th. Call Pamela Seiler at 651.647.0191 x325 to register.
- CNA training at PPL Learning Center. Click here for details.
- Exciting (free) training opportunities available at North Hennepin Community College through IOCP. Contact Kerri directly at (952) 279-0286 for information.
Construction industry websites
- Click here to view state construction positions available. Register on the Construction Hiring Connection here.
- Tradesmen International - click here
- Roofing and flooring positions at CentiMark and QuestMark. Click here for job opportunities, email at HR@centimark.com, or call Mark Frazier at (952) 656-9973.
References are so important - have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. How to choose the right references for your job search.
Weekly Tip - 10 Ways to Overcome Pre-Job Interview Jitters and Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are (great Ted Talks video)