ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as cover letters, thank you notes, references, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact the ICA Employment Specialist, Kerri, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.279.0286.
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Don't have a Twitter account? Sign up here.
Computer Lab at ResourceWest
Walk-in lab hours
Open: Wednesdays 10am-1pm (ICA Employment Specialist)
Thursdays 12pm-2pm (ResourceWest volunteer)
Location: West HUB Service Center,1011 1st St. South Suite 109 in Hopkins, 952-933-3860
Access to computers for job search, resumes, applications; Employment counselor consultation; Resources for computer questions
New information as of 5/19/2016
Upcoming ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours at K-Tel
- Monday, 5/23/16, from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm. Get some quick tips on your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities or schedule an appointment, too!
New job opportunities
- Bethesda Thrift Store in Minnetonka has several openings. Apply online or call Conan Stanton at 952.939.0988 with questions.
- Customer Service positions available at Cardtronics in Minnetonka. Cardtronics is a fabulous place to work with a competitive starting wage, great benefits, and a fun office atmosphere. Click here to apply. If you have any questions, contact Carol Johnson, Human Resources Manager, at 952.767.2013 or email@example.com.
- Andersen Windows: 71 Job openings
- Golden Living: Positions available at multiple locations
References are so important; have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. Here are some resources to help you with references:
Be strategic with your job applications. Don't apply to every one you see! Read more here.