Employment Assistance Home
ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as: resumes, cover letters, thank you notes, reference pages, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact Kerri Simafranca at email@example.com; (952)279-0286.
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Sign up for a Twitter account here.
New Information as of 5/28/2015
Computer and Employment Support Lab now open at Resource West
- Computer access and support is now available at Resource West on Wednesdays, 10 am -1 pm, with assistance from Kerri, the ICA Employment Specialist, and Thursdays, 12 pm - 2 pm, with assistance from Resouce, Inc.
Resource West is located at 1011 1st St. South Suite 109 in Hopkins. Stop by!
New ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours
- Kerri will be available Fridays from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm at the ICA K-Tel location, starting 5/29. Get some quick help with your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities, too!
Best Buy will be Employer of the Day on Wednesday, 6/3/15, from 10-1pm at the North St. Paul Workforce Center, 2098 11th Ave. E. North St. Paul, MN 55109
Best Buy currently has Sales and Lead roles open at the below stores:
- #1677 St Cloud, Crossroads Mall
- #1679 Burnsville, Burnsville Center
- #1952 Eden Prairie, Eden Prairie Center
- #2387 Richfield, 6601 Nicollet Ave S
- #2399 Brooklyn Center, Brookdale Square
- #2535 Roseville, Har Mar Mall
- #2701 St. Paul, Maplewood Mall
- #2975 Minnetonka, Ridgedale Mall
Click here to view available positions.
Construction On-Site Hiring Event, Tuesday, June 16th at the Hennepin South WorkForce Center, 4220 West Old Shakopee Road, Suite 100, Bloomington 55437. Informational panel/O&A at 8:30-9:30 am; Hiring Event at 10 am to noon.
Contact Beth Jameston, Business Service Representative/ Construction Specialist with questions at 952-703-7761 or (cell) 651-336-0579, or Beth.Ann.Jameston@state.mn.us.
Construction industry websites:
- Click here to view state construction positions available. Register on the Construction Hiring Connection here.
- Tradesmen International - click here
- Roofing and flooring positions at CentiMark and QuestMark. Click here for job opportunities, email at HR@centimark.com, or call Mark Frazier at (952) 656-9973.
Check out SHIFT
SHIFT is a community for people during midlife who are navigating work/life transitions, SHIFT helps its members create pathways to meaningful and sustainable lives. Attend a weekly meeting or click here for information on the next forum on Monday, June 1st at 6:30 pm on "Maintaining Wellness Through Transitions."
New Job Opportunities for Youth
Cub Foods at 101 and Hwy 7 has several openings great for youth.
- Garden Center - 15-20 hours/week
- Stocking produce - parttime
Contact Pat at Cub to apply - 952.938.1404
New Job Opportunities
- City Carrier Assistant positions available with USPS - click here to apply online. Go to "Search Jobs & Apply Online", type Hopkins in the location box, highlight Minnesota, then click start. Pay starts at 15.68/hr, earn vacation days.
- Waste Management has 250 job opportunities in the Twin Cities. Click here, read and complete the job application, and submit the form. Call 1.800.514.1664 to speak with Michelle about your application.
- Kohl's is hiring. Click here to apply or pick up an application at ICA St. Davids or K-Tel locations.
- Leeann Chin is hiring at the Edina, Hopkins, and West End locations. Click here to download an application or pick one up at ICA St. Davids or K-Tel locations.
- English Rose Suites/bhome needs caregivers! Click here to apply.
- Sears Imported Autos has positions open in the service area. Click here to download the application and/or stop by and talk to Riede Willemsen in Service. Good benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Now hiring at the new Glen Lake's Market.
Click here for information. Email resume or a letter of interest to: Careers@glenlakesmarketmn.com.
Warehouse opportunities with WayTek, Inc in Chanhassen
WayTek is looking for 3-4 full time warehouse employees. Waytek provides training, pays well, and offers great benefits. Stop by to apply or pick up an application at 2440 Galpin Court, Chanhassen 55317. For more information contact Mike Larson at 952.465.0443; firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to watch VAI S2K Warehouse: Wayteck Inc.
Access to computers for job search
The west suburban office of Hennepin County Human Services located at 1011 1st Street South, Hopkins in the Wells Fargo Building has 3 computers available from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm for your use. There is printing capability and someone available to assist you in navigating the computer.
References are so important - have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. How to choose the right references for your job search.
Weekly Tip - 10 Ways to Overcome Pre-Job Interview Jitters and Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are (great Ted Talks video)