ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as cover letters, thank you notes, references, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact the ICA Employment Specialist, Kerri, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.279.0286.
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Don't have a Twitter account? Sign up here.
Computer Lab at ResourceWest
Walk-in lab hours
Open: Wednesdays 10am-1pm (ICA Employment Specialist)
Thursdays 12pm-2pm (ResourceWest volunteer)
Location: West HUB Service Center,1011 1st St. South Suite 109 in Hopkins, 952-933-3860
Access to computers for job search, resumes, applications; Employment counselor consultation; Resources for computer questions
New Information as of 6/30/16
Upcoming ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours at K-Tel
Friday, 7/8/16, from 11:00 pm to 2:30 pm. Get some quick tips on your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities or schedule an appointment, too!
New! Job Club at Hopkins Library
ICA Employment Assistance teams up with the Hopkins Library and ResourceWest to offer a Job Club on most Tuesday evenings from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm this summer! Use the computer/internet to enhance your job search. The ICA Employment Specialist with be on hand to assist you with resumes, applications, job search strategies, etc. at the Hopkins Library, 22 11th Ave. N. in Hopkins, 612.543.6400. Click here to view flyer and specific Job Club dates. Hope to see you there!
New job opportunities
- AirServe has several opportunities at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport. Click here to apply.
- Bethesda Thrift Store in Minnetonka has several openings. Apply online or call Conan Stanton at 952.939.0988 with questions.
- Customer Service positions available at Cardtronics in Minnetonka. Cardtronics is a fabulous place to work with a competitive starting wage, great benefits, and a fun office atmosphere. Click here to apply. If you have any questions, contact Carol Johnson, Human Resources Manager, at 952.767.2013 or email@example.com.
- Andersen Windows: 71 Job openings
- Golden Living: Positions available at multiple locations
References are so important; have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. Here are some resources to help you with references:
Be strategic with your job applications. Don't apply to every one you see! Read more here.