Employment Assistance Home
ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as: resumes, cover letters, thank you notes, reference pages, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact Kerri Simafranca at firstname.lastname@example.org; (952)279-0286.
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Sign up for a Twitter account here.
New Information as of 2/4/16
Get Back on Track: 7 Strategies to Help You Bounce Back After Slipping Up
Upcoming ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours at the ICA K-Tel location are:
- Friday, 2/12/16, from 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Get some quick tips on your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities or schedule an appointment, too!
Computer and Employment Support Lab now open at Resource West
- Computer access and support is now available at Resource West:
- Wednesdays, 10 am -1 pm, with assistance from Kerri, the ICA Employment Specialist
- Thursdays, 12 pm - 2 pm, with assistance from Resouce, Inc.
Resource West is located at 1011 1st St. South Suite 109 in Hopkins. Stop by!
***The west suburban office of Hennepin County Human Services located at 1011 1st Street South, Hopkins in the Wells Fargo Building also has 3 computers available from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm for your use. There is printing capability and someone available to assist you in navigating the computer.***
New Training Opportunities in the New Year!
- Building Operations Technician (BOT) program with PPL in partnership with Minneapolis Community College. Begins February 2nd. The program is FREE and students will receive 12 months of Employment Specialist support upon graduation to help them secure a job. One-on-one financial coaching is also included in the program. Attend an informational session, held every Monday at 9 a.m. at the PPL Learning Center (1925 Chicago Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55404).
- Adult Options In Education, Eisenhower Community Center In Hopkins has two new classes starting in January:
- Health Food Manager - focus on food safety basics and work toward MN Dept. of Health Certification
- Toastmasters Speechcraft class - learn the basics of public speaking. Great for interview preparation.
To register call 952.988.5343.
- Tree Trust is continuing to enroll for their Young Adult Conservation Corps(YACC) program. Click here for more information and to apply.
New Job Opportunities
- Home Depot to Hire 80,000 Workers - this means that each of Home Depot's 2,000 stores in the U.S. will hire 40 to 45 workers. Click here to set up a profile and search for positions.
- Zerorez needs Carpet Cleaner Technicians and offers a competitive salary and benefits. Click here to apply. Contact Chris Dexter in HR @ 651.779.8888 or hiring manager, Loyal Carlon @ email@example.com with questions.
- Work at a caring place full of enthusiasm and kindness! Presbyterian Homes - Lake Minnetonka Shores has many openings! Click here to view jobs and apply. Eryn McQuillan is the HR rep - call her at 952.471.4105, if you have any questions.
- CorTech International has many positions in picking, packing, assembly, material handling, and general labor available in Chanhassen 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts. Call 612.387.7533 or stop by the office at 6385 Old Shady Oak Road, Suite 250, Eden Prairie 55344 to apply. Flyers are available at ICA locations.
References are so important - have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview.