Employment Assistance Home
ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as: resumes, cover letters, thank you notes, reference pages, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact Kerri Simafranca at email@example.com; (952)279-0286.
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Sign up for a Twitter account here.
New Information as of 11/26/2014
Why should you keep your eye off the turkey dressing?
Because it makes him blush!
For Our Veterans
Transitioning From Military to Civilian Careers - includes online resources
First Student Needs Drivers and Monitors!
First Student pays $15/hr for driving positions, allows your children on the bus during routes, and offers great benefits. Plan to stop by tomorrow to learn more about this exciting employment opportunity! Click here to access pre-application.
Take advantage of walk-in hours with the Employment Specialist
The Employment Specialist, Kerri, will be available Thursdays from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm for walk-in appointments/questions at the new K-Tel location. Get some quick help with your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities, too!
Employers are Hiring!! Keep your eyes and ears open.
Did you know that Macy's hires about 900 seasonal employees for the holiday season? 50% of those employees stay on in a permanent position. Click here to apply now!
Some other new job opportunities out there include:
- There are many Leeann Chin job opportunities - call Chris @ 612.991.0677. Click here to download an application.
- Job Opportunities at Seward Community Co-op in Minneapolis. Click here to apply.
- Program/House Manager opportunity at Dungarvin. Apply at dungarvin.com, requisition #14-0154 and attache your resume. Dungarvin encourages applicants of all minority backgrounds to apply.
- Genereux Fine Wood Products in Monticello is looking for line workers to assist in the production of cabinets. Call Pat at 763.271.6931, if interested.
- Apex International has many openings for manufacturing positions. Click here for website or apply in person and interview by stopping in at their office, 134 Columbia Court Chaska, MN 55318.
- Deli Express is hiring several positions in Eden Prairie.
- Lunds and Byerly's is hiring - they have many signs up in their stores! Click here for website.
- JCPenney has many openings in the Twin Cities metro area
- Cub Foods at 101/7 is hiring for many positions. Contact Brian at 952.938.1404.
The construction industry is low on workers!
Click here to view state construction positions available. Register on the Construction Hiring Connection here.
New Training Opportunities
Culinary arts training through St. Paul College needs more students! Students will also receive academic and job placement support from RESOURCE and Neighborhood House.
- Cost of books, uniforms, and supplies are all covered
- Financial aid available for tuition
- CHILDCARE HELP PROVIDED
- Qualify for culinary positions in hospitality, health care and education.
- To sign up, please contact Hayley Johnson: 612.752.8930; firstname.lastname@example.org
Forklift Training through East Side Neighborhood Services - click here for more information. Starts December 2nd.
Improve your computer and professional skills at PPL's free workshops. You can earn a bus or gas card for attending four workshops within the same series, including our Professional Development series. Click here for more information and a calendar of upcoming workshops.
Exciting (free) training opportunities available at North Hennepin Community College through IOCP. Contact Kerri directly at (952) 279-0286 for information.
References are so important - have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. How to choose the right references for your job search.
Weekly Tip - Interviewer Follow-Up Tips