Employment Assistance Home
ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as: resumes, cover letters, thank you notes, reference pages, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact Kerri Simafranca at email@example.com; (952)279-0286.
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Sign up for a Twitter account here.
New Information as of 7/27/2015
Upcoming ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours at the ICA K-Tel location are:
- Thursday, 7/30/15, from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm,
- Monday, 8/2, from 10:00 to 12:30
Get some quick tips on your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities or schedule an appointment, too!
Computer and Employment Support Lab now open at Resource West
- Computer access and support is now available at Resource West:
- Wednesdays, 10 am -1 pm, with assistance from Kerri, the ICA Employment Specialist
- Thursdays, 12 pm - 2 pm, with assistance from Resouce, Inc.
Resource West is located at 1011 1st St. South Suite 109 in Hopkins. Stop by!
***The west suburban office of Hennepin County Human Services located at 1011 1st Street South, Hopkins in the Wells Fargo Building also has 3 computers available from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm for your use. There is printing capability and someone available to assist you in navigating the computer.***
- First Student will be recruiting at K-Tel. Friday, 7/24, and Monday, 7/27. Stop by to learn about a rewarding position as a bus driver.
New Job Opportunities
- CorTech International has many positions in picking, packing, assembly, material handling, and general labor available in Chanhassen 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts. Call 612.387.7533 or stop by the office at 6385 Old Shady Oak Road, Suite 250, Eden Prairie 55344 to apply. Flyers are available at ICA locations.
- CD One Price Cleaners in Hopkins is hiring Production Associates and Production Managers. They are looking for great customer service skills, attention to detail and the willingness to work hard to be part of a winning team! Click here for more information. Qualified applicants should contact Phyllis Plioplys at 708.836.4606 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information and directions on the application process.
- Community Action Partnership of Suburban Hennepin is hiring full-time temporary postions in the Energy Assistance Program in St. Louis Park and Minneapolis. Open positions include: receptionist, data entry, income eligibility worker. Minimum qualifications:
Ø High-School diploma or GED required, BA preferred.
Ø Computer proficiencies and customer services experience required.
Ø Bi-lingual proficiencies in Spanish, Somali and Hmong desired.
Interested candidates can download an application - click here or call 952-933-9639. Applications are also available at ICA Food Shelf locations. Application deadline is July 31st.
- City Carrier Assistant positions available with USPS - click here to apply online. Go to "Search Jobs & Apply Online", type Hopkins in the location box, highlight Minnesota, then click start. Pay starts at 15.68/hr, earn vacation days.
- English Rose Suites/bhome needs caregivers! Click here to apply.
References are so important - have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. How to choose the right references for your job search.
Weekly Tip - Try an online learning course
Check out Accredited Schools Online for online learning tools and resources and MOOC's (Massive Open Online Courses).
ICA Food Shelf | 952.938.0729
Administrative - 12990 St. Davids Rd, Minnetonka, MN 55305
Client Services - 11588 K-Tel Dr, Minnetonka, MN 55343
icafoodshelf.org | ICA site addresses and maps