ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as cover letters, thank you notes, references, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact the ICA Employment Specialist, Kerri, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.279.0286.
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Don't have a Twitter account? Sign up here.
Computer Lab at ResourceWest
Walk-in lab hours
Open: Wednesdays 10am-1pm (ICA Employment Volunteer)
Thursdays 12pm-2pm (ResourceWest volunteer)
Location: West HUB Service Center,1011 1st St. South Suite 109 in Hopkins, 952-933-3860
Access to computers for job search, resumes, applications; Employment counselor consultation; Resources for computer questions
New Information as of 9/23/16
Upcoming ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours at K-Tel
Thursday, 9/29/16, from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm. Get some quick tips on your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities or schedule an appointment, too!
Job Club at Hopkins Library
ICA Employment Assistance teams up with the Hopkins Library to offer a Job Club on Thursdays from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm this fall! Use the computer/internet to enhance your job search. The ICA Employment Specialist with be on hand to assist you with resumes, applications, job search strategies, etc. at the Hopkins Library, 22 11th Ave. N. in Hopkins, 612.543.6400. Hope to see you there!
Great online resources
Check out these online resources:
uptowork - full of job searching tips and advice
Excel Easy - learn how to use Microsoft Excel.
New Job Opportunities
- The University of MN is hiring Event Staff - have fun while making money! Click here for more information.
- Target is hiring for many positions at Knollwood! Click here to apply online or apply onsite at a job kiosk. Pick up a flyer at our K-Tel location.
- AirServe has several opportunities at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport. Click here to apply.
- Bethesda Thrift Store in Minnetonka has several openings. Apply online or call Conan Stanton at 952.939.0988 with questions.
- Customer Service positions available at Cardtronics in Minnetonka. Cardtronics is a fabulous place to work with a competitive starting wage, great benefits, and a fun office atmosphere. Click here to apply. If you have any questions, contact Carol Johnson, Human Resources Manager, at 952.767.2013 or email@example.com.
- Andersen Windows: 71 Job openings
- Golden Living: Positions available at multiple locations
References are so important; have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. Here are some resources to help you with references:
7 Job-Search Worries You Can Stop Stressing About