Employment Assistance Home
ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as: resumes, cover letters, thank you notes, reference pages, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact Kerri Simafranca at firstname.lastname@example.org; (952)279-0286.
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Sign up for a Twitter account here.
New Information as of 7/2/2015
Have a safe and fun 4th of July holiday weekend!
ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours next week are:
- Friday, 7/10, from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm at the ICA K-Tel location. Get some quick tips on your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities or schedule an appointment, too!
Computer and Employment Support Lab now open at Resource West
- Computer access and support is now available at Resource West:
- Wednesdays, 10 am -1 pm, with assistance from Kerri, the ICA Employment Specialist
- Thursdays, 12 pm - 2 pm, with assistance from Resouce, Inc.
Resource West is located at 1011 1st St. South Suite 109 in Hopkins. Stop by!
***The west suburban office of Hennepin County Human Services located at 1011 1st Street South, Hopkins in the Wells Fargo Building also has 3 computers available from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm for your use. There is printing capability and someone available to assist you in navigating the computer.***
- First Student will be recruiting in the ICA K-Tel lobby Friday, 7/10, from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm. Stop by to learn more about bus driver/monitor job opportunities.
- MN Vets Career Fair - July 15th. Click here for more information.
New Job Opportunities
- City Carrier Assistant positions available with USPS - click here to apply online. Go to "Search Jobs & Apply Online", type Hopkins in the location box, highlight Minnesota, then click start. Pay starts at 15.68/hr, earn vacation days.
- English Rose Suites/bhome needs caregivers! Click here to apply.
References are so important - have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. How to choose the right references for your job search.
Weekly Tip - Try an online learning course
Check out Accredited Schools Online for online learning tools and resources and MOOC's (Massive Open Online Courses).
ICA Food Shelf | 952.938.0729
Administrative - 12990 St. Davids Rd, Minnetonka, MN 55305
Client Services - 11588 K-Tel Dr, Minnetonka, MN 55343
icafoodshelf.org | ICA site addresses and maps