Employment Assistance Home
ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as: resumes, cover letters, thank you notes, reference pages, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact Kerri Simafranca at firstname.lastname@example.org; (952)279-0286.
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Sign up for a Twitter account here.
New Information as of 10/23/2014
New at ICA - Walk-in hours with the Employment Specialist!
The Employment Specialist, Kerri, will be available Thursdays from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm for walk-in appointments/questions at the new K-Tel location. Get some quick help with your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities, too!
Employers are Hiring!! Keep your eyes and ears open.
Did you know that Macy's hires about 900 seasonal employees for the holiday season? 50% of those employees stay on in a permanent position. Click here to apply now! If you go in on Thursday from 11 am to 6 pm to apply, Macy's will interview you on the spot. On the spot interviewing will continue until November 20th.
Some of the other new job opportunities out there include:
- Line Cooks needed at Hurricane Grill and Wings. More jobs like this can be found on Twitter @EAatICA.
- Discount Tires in Minnetonka (Hwy 7 and 101) is hiring. Click here for application information.
- Apply now for a seasonal bell ringer position with the Salvation Army.
- Apex International has many openings for manufacturing positions. Click here for website or apply in person and interview by stopping in at their office, 134 Columbia Court Chaska, MN 55318.
- Deli Express is hiring several positions in Hopkins and Eden Prairie.
- Loaves and Fishes is hiring for multiple positions: site coordinators, social workers, and security. Go to the MN Council of Nonprofits Job Board to apply.
- Lunds and Byerly's is hiring - they have many signs up in their stores! Click here for website.
- Aldi has store management positions available
- JCPenney has many openings in the Twin Cities metro area
- Cub Foods at 101/7 is hiring for many positions. Contact Brian at 952.938.1404.
- Bus drivers needed! Call First Student at 763.559.9326 for more information
- Panera is hiring. Click here to apply.
The construction industry is low on workers!
Click here to view state construction positions available. Register on the Construction Hiring Connection here. Learn about Construction Projects in Minnesota MN Construction Crew “Get Ready & Go!” (... a Construction Hiring Connection Event) Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:00am-12:00pm at the Carpenters Union Hall, 710 Olive Street, Saint Paul, MN 55130
New Training Opportunities
Improve your computer and professional skills at PPL's free workshops. You can earn a bus or gas card for attending four workshops within the same series, including our Professional Development series. Click here for more information and a calendar of upcoming workshops.
Exciting (free) training opportunities available at North Hennepin Community College through IOCP. Contact Kerri directly at (952) 279-0286 for information.
References are so important - have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. How to choose the right references for your job search.
Weekly Tip - 10 Ways Social Media Shows You Are the Perfect Candidate