Employment Assistance Home
ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as: resumes, cover letters, thank you notes, reference pages, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact Kerri Simafranca at firstname.lastname@example.org; (952)279-0286.
Take advantage of walk-in hours with the Employment Specialist
Kerri, will be available Thursdays from 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm for walk-in appointments/questions at the new K-Tel location. Get some quick help with your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities, too!
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Sign up for a Twitter account here.
New Information as of 2/10/2015
Access to computers for job search
The west suburban office of Hennepin County Human Services located at 1011 1st Street South, Hopkins in the Wells Fargo Building has 3 computers available from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm for your use. There is printing capability and someone available to assist you in navigating the computer.
Job fair sponsored by Hennepin County and Resource, Inc. on February 25
More than 50 employers will be present to hire permanent and seasonal employees for positions in health care, construction, office, project management, retail and manufacturing. Here are the details: Wednesday, February 25, from 1-4 p.m at Lenox Community Center, 6715 Minnetonka Blvd, St. Louis Park, MN 55426
New Training Opportunities
- Exciting (free) training opportunities available at North Hennepin Community College through IOCP. Contact Kerri directly at (952) 279-0286 for information.
First Student will be recruiting at ICA!
Learn more about opportunities at First Student, visit a company representative at K-Tel from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Wednesday, 2/18/15, and Friday, 2/27/15. First Student pays $15/hr for driving positions, allows your children on the bus during routes, and offers great benefits. Click here to access pre-application.
New Job Opportunities
- English Rose Suites/bhome needs caregivers! Click here to apply.
- Sears Imported Autos has positions open in the service area. Click here to download the application and/or stop by and talk to Riede Willemsen in Service. Good benefits and opportunity for advancement.
- Hedberg Supply open positions - Accounting Assistant, Landscape Sales Rep, Yard Lead, Customer Service Associates, and other various marketing positions. Click here for application information or contact HR at 763.392.5913.
Construction industry websites:
- Click here to view state construction positions available. Register on the Construction Hiring Connection here.
- Tradesmen International - click here
- Roofing and flooring positions at CentiMark and QuestMark. Click here for job opportunities, email at HR@centimark.com, or call Mark Frazier at (952) 656-9973.
References are so important - have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. How to choose the right references for your job search.
Weekly Tip - Six Ways to Turn a Love of Pets into Income