Employment Assistance Home
ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as: resumes, cover letters, thank you notes, reference pages, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact Kerri Simafranca at email@example.com; (952)279-0286.
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Sign up for a Twitter account here.
New Information as of 11/25/2015
Upcoming ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours at the ICA K-Tel location are:
- Wednesday, 12/2/15, from 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Get some quick tips on your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities or schedule an appointment, too!
Computer and Employment Support Lab now open at Resource West
- Computer access and support is now available at Resource West:
- Wednesdays, 10 am -1 pm, with assistance from Kerri, the ICA Employment Specialist
- Thursdays, 12 pm - 2 pm, with assistance from Resouce, Inc.
Resource West is located at 1011 1st St. South Suite 109 in Hopkins. Stop by!
***The west suburban office of Hennepin County Human Services located at 1011 1st Street South, Hopkins in the Wells Fargo Building also has 3 computers available from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm for your use. There is printing capability and someone available to assist you in navigating the computer.***
Young Adult Conservation Corps at Tree Trust beginning December 7th. 6 positions are available for young adults (18-24) who reside in Hennepin County. Participants in this program will work 28 hours per week (Monday-Thursday, 8am-3pm) for 12 weeks with opportunity to extend their internship based on their need. They will be paid $9.00 per hour with immediate potential to earn weekly incentives. Click here for more information or contact ICA Employment Counselor, Kerri, at 952.279.0286.
New Job Opportunities
- Zerorez needs Carpet Cleaner Technicians and offers a competitive salary and benefits. Click here to apply. Contact Chris Dexter in HR @ 651.779.8888 or hiring manager, Loyal Carlon @ firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Work at a caring place full of enthusiasm and kindness! Presbyterian Homes - Lake Minnetonka Shores has many openings! Click here to view jobs and apply. Eryn McQuillan is the HR rep - call her at 952.471.4105, if you have any questions.
- Cutting Edge Property Maintenance has several seasonal opportunities - show shovelers, shovel crew leads, operators and salt truck drivers. Call Aimee Roehl in HR at 763.235.1761 with questions. You can apply online here. Pick up a flyer at one of the ICA locations.
- Twin Cities Tile and Grout in Minnetonka needs cleaning and repair technicians. Call the office at 952.935.2686 to show your interest.
- Bethesda Lutheran Communities has opportunities at their Minnetonka Thrift Shop. Click here to apply online or apply in the store at 4749 County Rd 101, Minnetonka, MN 55345.
- CorTech International has many positions in picking, packing, assembly, material handling, and general labor available in Chanhassen 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts. Call 612.387.7533 or stop by the office at 6385 Old Shady Oak Road, Suite 250, Eden Prairie 55344 to apply. Flyers are available at ICA locations.
References are so important - have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. How to choose the right references for your job search.
Weekly Tip - Read this before completing your resume: 16 Things You Should Remove From Your Resume
ICA Food Shelf | 952.938.0729
Administrative - 12990 St. Davids Rd, Minnetonka, MN 55305
Client Services - 11588 K-Tel Dr, Minnetonka, MN 55343
icafoodshelf.org | ICA site addresses and maps