ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as cover letters, thank you notes, references, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact the ICA Employment Specialist, Kerri, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.279.0286.
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Don't have a Twitter account? Sign up here.
New Information as of 11/28/16
Upcoming ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours at K-Tel
Wednesday, 11/30/16, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Get some quick tips on your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities or schedule an appointment, too!
Hennepin County will be hosting an Employer Panel and a Job Development Career Fair on Monday, December 12, 2016. The event will be held from 9am – 2pm at the Minneapolis Convention Center - 1301 2nd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55403, rooms 201, 202, 205. There will be over 40 employers attending this event, each with multiple job openings.
- 8:00-8:55 Refreshments for attendees (free)
- 9:00-9:55 Employer panel
- 10:00-2:00 Career fair
- 10:00-1:00 One-on-one job assistance
- 12:00-2:00 Lunch served (free)
Job Opportunities due to the LRT expansion
To view positions available on the Southwest LRT project, go to the Construction Hiring Connection.
Great online resources
Check out these online resources:
uptowork - full of job searching tips and advice
Excel Easy - learn how to use Microsoft Excel.
New Job Opportunities
- FedEx Ground is hiring! Great benefits and starting salary. Click here to get more information.
- Amazon has many associate positions to fill at its Shakopee fulfillment plant. Click here for application information.
- Macy's is hiring - click here to apply!
- The University of MN is hiring Event Staff - have fun while making money! Click here for more information.
- Target is hiring for many positions at Knollwood! Click here to apply online or apply onsite at a job kiosk. Pick up a flyer at our K-Tel location.
- AirServe has several opportunities at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport. Click here to apply.
- Bethesda Thrift Store in Minnetonka has several openings. Apply online or call Conan Stanton at 952.939.0988 with questions.
- Customer Service positions available at Cardtronics in Minnetonka. Cardtronics is a fabulous place to work with a competitive starting wage, great benefits, and a fun office atmosphere. Click here to apply. If you have any questions, contact Carol Johnson, Human Resources Manager, at 952.767.2013 or email@example.com.
- Andersen Windows: 71 Job openings
- Golden Living: Positions available at multiple locations
References are so important; have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. Here are some resources to help you with references:
7 Job-Search Worries You Can Stop Stressing About