Employment Assistance Home
ICA takes an individual approach to employment assistance services.
Clients can expect to:
- Develop effective job search tools such as: resumes, cover letters, thank you notes, reference pages, etc.
- Practice interviewing skills
- Identify employment interests, skills, experience, and work history
- Identify resources for finding available positions
- Develop networking strategies
- Explore career paths and build skills
For one-on-one employment assistance, contact Kerri Simafranca at email@example.com; (952)279-0286.
Follow us on Twitter! We have a Twitter handle just for Employment Assistance. You will be able to access job information quickly and easily via your smartphone or computer. Go to @EAatICA
Sign up for a Twitter account here.
New Information as of 8/27/2015
Upcoming ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours at the ICA K-Tel location are:
- Thursday, 9/10, from 10:30 pm to 1:00 pm
Get some quick tips on your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities or schedule an appointment, too!
Computer and Employment Support Lab now open at Resource West
- Computer access and support is now available at Resource West:
- Wednesdays, 10 am -1 pm, with assistance from Kerri, the ICA Employment Specialist
- Thursdays, 12 pm - 2 pm, with assistance from Resouce, Inc.
Resource West is located at 1011 1st St. South Suite 109 in Hopkins. Stop by!
***The west suburban office of Hennepin County Human Services located at 1011 1st Street South, Hopkins in the Wells Fargo Building also has 3 computers available from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm for your use. There is printing capability and someone available to assist you in navigating the computer.***
- Cleaners need for TCF Stadium. Attend the Marsden Hiring Event on Monday, August 31st from 10-3 pm at Marsden Bldg Maintenance, LLC at 1717 University Ave W., St. Paul, MN 55104. Click here for more information.
- Networking to Your Next Job - The Hidden Job Market, September 1st, 1-3 pm, Minnesota WorkForce Center at 4220 W Old Shakopee Rd, Bloomington, MN 55437. Click here for flyer and to RSVP.
- Job Fairs and Employment Events in Minneapolis
New Job Opportunities
- Tree Trust’s Young Adult Conservation Corps (YACC) program is hiring participants for its next 12 week paid training program (positions start September 14th). Click here for more information and to appy or pick up a flyer at ICA locations.
- AGreat Harvest needs a baker for the early morning - will train. Stop by the bakery at 17416 Minnetonka Blvd, Minnetonka, MN 55345 to apply or call Ruth at 952.476.2515.
- Staples, Inc. is hiring 15 new Customer Service Reps for their Brooklyn Park location, start date is 9/14. $13.50/hr for 12:30 pm to 9:00pm shift. Click here to apply.
- The new Nordstrom at Ridgedale has restaurant employment opportunities. Click here for more information and to apply. Pick up a flyer at the ICA locations.
- Birch's on the Lake in Long Lake is hiring at their new location opening in September. Click here to apply.
- CorTech International has many positions in picking, packing, assembly, material handling, and general labor available in Chanhassen 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts. Call 612.387.7533 or stop by the office at 6385 Old Shady Oak Road, Suite 250, Eden Prairie 55344 to apply. Flyers are available at ICA locations.
- CD One Price Cleaners in Hopkins is hiring Production Associates and Production Managers. They are looking for great customer service skills, attention to detail and the willingness to work hard to be part of a winning team! Click here for more information. Qualified applicants should contact Phyllis Plioplys at 708.836.4606 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information and directions on the application process.
- City Carrier Assistant positions available with USPS - click here to apply online. Go to "Search Jobs & Apply Online", type Hopkins in the location box, highlight Minnesota, then click start. Pay starts at 15.68/hr, earn vacation days.
- English Rose Suites/bhome needs caregivers! Click here to apply.
References are so important - have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. How to choose the right references for your job search.
Weekly Tip - Try an online learning course
Check out Accredited Schools Online for online learning tools and resources and MOOC's (Massive Open Online Courses).
ICA Food Shelf | 952.938.0729
Administrative - 12990 St. Davids Rd, Minnetonka, MN 55305
Client Services - 11588 K-Tel Dr, Minnetonka, MN 55343
icafoodshelf.org | ICA site addresses and maps