HOST A FOOD DRIVE
Successful food drives require enthusiastic leaders.
Get people involved early to develop creative ideas, raise awareness, and increase participation levels.
Follow These Easy Steps to Host a Successful Food Drive:
- Get approval from your organization to host a food drive.
- Set up an organizing committee for your food drive.
- Register your food drive on our website.
- Set a goal to keep your team motivated. (See our 400 Pound Pledge below)
- Track progress towards your goal.
- Promote your drive by sending your friends and co-workers regular updates by email!
The following list includes our most needed food items. For more materials to support your food drive, visit the Resource Guide.
- Beans (Kidney, Black, Baked, etc.) - high demand
- Oil and Sugar - high demand
- Coffee - high demand
- Canned soup (Ready to Eat Soup with meat) - high demand
- Healthy Individual Snacks for Kids - high demand
- Canned Tomatoes
- Canned Chicken
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Vegetables - Low salt or no salt
- Meal helpers-rice sides
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Toothpaste - high demand
- Dish Soap - high demand
- Toilet Paper - high demand
- Gallon Ziploc Bags - high demand
- Razors and Shaving Cream
- Baby wipes
- Diapers - Especially sizes 4, 5 and 6
- Paper Towels
- Clorox Wipes
- Incontinence Products
- Bar Soap
Current Needs Updated April 2017
We cannot accept any home-canned or baked items.
Food Drive Drop Off
Please note, food donations are preferred at the K-Tel location and perishable donations must go to the K-Tel location to ensure that they will reach our neighbors in need in a timely way. Thank you.
ICA at K-Tel Donation Hours __________
11588 K-Tel Drive Monday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, 5:00 - 6:30 pm
Minnetonka, MN 55343 Tuesday: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Thursday: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:30 pm (1st & 3rd Saturdays of the month)
***Pick up is available. Please register your food drive and indicate food pick up needed (only available if your food drive collects 400 pounds or more). Someone will contact you. Thank you.***
For additional information please contact the special projects team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
400 Pound Pledge
Food drives are a great way to help ICA Food Shelf. With ICA's limited time and funds, we need to maximize our resources as much as we can. It would really help the Food Shelf if you can commit to collecting at least 400 pounds of food through your food drive. Once you reach that amount, your group will be eligible for ICA to arrange the pick-up of your donations with the ICA truck if you are in our service area. Our service area includes Minnetonka, Hopkins, Excelsior, Deephaven, Woodland, Greenwood, and Shorewood.
How much is 400 pounds of food?
400 pounds of food fills approximately 20 cardboard totes full of food or 40 grocery bags full of food.