Regularly Scheduled Volunteers
Regularly scheduled volunteers help ICA deliver excellent service to our clients. ICA greatly relies on volunteers who commit to regular schedules, such as weekly or bi-weekly shifts. All regular volunteers commit to a minimum of 30 hours or 3 months.
Regular volunteers help in a number of capacities, such as:
- Client Support:
- Greet and check in clients, assist clients as they shop for food, answer client questions, and restock shelves.
- Food Logistics:
- Inspect and sort donated food. Roles include sorting fresh produce as well as sorting and packing nonperishable food.
- Mobile Food Shelf:
- Process outgoing food orders for ICA clients. Pack and weigh outgoing food.
- Some Mobile Food Shelf volunteers also assist ICA staff with food delivery to clients. Background check required.
- Home Delivery Driver:
- Deliver food orders to ICA clients through our home delivery program. Background check required.
- Food Rescue Driver:
- Pick up food at various grocery stores and deliver to ICA.
- NAPS Distribution:
- Assist with NAPS (Nutritional Assistance Program for Seniors).
- St. Davids Administrative Front Desk:
- Greet visitors, schedule food service appointments, accept and weigh food donations, direct calls, and update database. Computer experience helpful.
To inquire about our most current opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To volunteer, please fill out a volunteer application.