New Information 8/15/2018
Free clipper cuts. Must call for an appointment - 952.933.1393
Upcoming ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours at K-Tel
Wednesday, 8/15/18, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Get some quick tips on your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities or schedule an appointment, too!
Job Events and Training
Tree Trust works with youth and young adults who are 16-24, not currently in school, and living in suburban Hennepin County, on their education and employment goals. Tree Trust offers both indoor and outdoor paid work experiences, college and career navigation, and employment readiness training.
EMERGE is partnering with Hennepin Technical College (HTC) - Brooklyn Park to offer fast track trainings for Welding and CNC Machining. See the training program flow here. Recruiting for the October cohort has started - if you have any questions about the trainings attend an info session Tuesdays at 9:30 am or Thursdays at 3:30pm at 1834 Emerson Ave. N. Minneapolis, MN 55411. GED or High School Diploma is required.
HIRED August training programs. If interested, complete application.
Hennepin County Offender Management and HIRED are partnering to offer individuals a chance to get trained as a Union Carpenter. THIS IS A PAID TRAINING. Extensive 3 month training with strong potential for employment afterwards. Individuals must be: currently on Hennepin County Probation, ages 18-38, and a minority or a female.
Roofing training is a 7-day training program with Horizon Roofing; employment possibilities with Horizon after completion. Individuals must: have a valid driver’s license and be capable of physical labor.
A new Manufacturing program at Hennepin Tech will be starting up again in August. This is a 1 or potentially 2 semester program to get involved in the manufacturing field. High pay, working with technology, job security are the main selling points! Individuals must: be unemployed or underemployed and able to pass the Accuplacer exam at Hennepin Tech.
Job Development Career Fair, Monday, September 10, 2018, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Free financial planning course through Lutheran Social Services (LSS). Click here for dates and registration.
Hennepin County Employment Services - There are many upcoming job fairs and job events.
- Whelan Event Staffing Services (WESS) is hiring event security for the US Bank Stadium and the TCF Gopher Stadium.
- For ideas on Easy Work-From-Home Computer Jobs, read this article.
- EMERGE is hiring teaching and social service positions. Click on the link to learn more about open opportunities.
- Wayzata Public Schools is hiring many food service positions.
- The Landing is hiring housekeepers and other positions. Contact Sirlene Twiss, Executive Housekeeper, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job opportunities with M Dining providing food and beverages on the University of Minnesota campus, including, catering, restaurant and residential dining. Full time, permanent. Shifts/schedules vary. Competitive wages. Full benefits, Union jobs. Located on the Twin Cities Campus. Uniforms provided.
Must be able to stand up to 4 hours at a time. All jobs except for dishwasher require HS Diploma or GED. Must pass brand training and Food Safety test during probation. Good customer skills and good attendance required. Must be able to read, write and speak English. Background check required. Full job descriptions and applications available on-line.
- Waterford, an Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community located in Brooklyn Park, is looking for an outgoing, customer service-oriented On-Call Concierge to join their team!
- Work at the Minnesota State Fair! Why should You work at the State Fair?
- Earn money fast
- Employees receive free fair admission
- Make great friends
- Gai n valuable experience
Possible Fair-Time Opportunities - Ticket Selling, Ticket Taking,Parking,Retail Sales, Food Service, Rides and Games, Sanitation, Barn Attendant, and more!
- Open positions at PROP
- Aramark has open part-time and temporary positions at U.S. Bank Stadium including concessions worker, cook, dishwasher, warehouse worker and supervisor. Shifts/schedule vary, based on events. May work weekends and holidays. Salary $10.00—$18.00/hour, depending on the job and experience.
- FedEx is hiring.
- There are open positions at Meridian Manor in Wayzata, including chef, dining room servers, LPN, and CNA.
- There are many local job opportunities. Job signs are posted onsite at many places in the Hopkins/Minnetonka area. Some examples:
- Cleaning positions with ABM throughout the Twin Cities area.
- Jobs at Paisley Park!
- UHG job opportunities in Minnesota and telecommute.
SuperValu now hiring Warehouse Worker/Order Selectors in Hopkins.
- Dayton Superior Corporation needs Construction Product Rental Yard Laborers
- Openings at Smyth Companies - a leading provider of high-impact decorative labels for consumer goods producers.
- Summer jobs at Valley Fair are still available! Apply online.
- Join the Delta Global Services team! See the latest opening here.
- Aldi has job openings. Attend a hiring event to apply.
Allied Universal has many types of open positions
Seward Community Coop has many part-time job opportunities - apply online. Shifts are 15—28 hours per week. Wages: $11.25 to $14.75 an hour. Paid time off and staff discounts. Will train.
Kelber Catering at the Minneapolis Convention Center is hiring! Salary ranges from $12.70 to$ 17.02/hour depending on the job and experience - apply online.
- Dungarvin has full and part time positions available. Dungarvin provides in-house and residential services to adults with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities. Wages start at $12.24/hour - apply online.
- Many open positions at Moxy Minneapolis Uptown - stylish boutique hotel.
- BIX Produce Co positions available - Night Order Selector ($16.30/hr, 3rd shift), Processing Associate ($10.50/hr, 1st & 3rd shifts), Service Delivery Driver ($19.90/hr, various shifts). These are full-time positions with benefits; positions are also on a bus line.
- Lunds and Byerlys at Glen Lake is hiring deli clerk and cashiers.
- InterContinental Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport is a brand new 291-room hotel connected directly to the airport and light rail. The hotel boasts 2 restaurants, a penthouse level observation bar, a world-class spa, a ball room, banquet and meeting rooms, and more! They are hiring for all positions, shifts, part time and full time, $9.65 for tipped positions, $12+ for all others.
- Celarity has many marketing positions open.
- Franklin Street Bakery is hiring. $11/hr, plus great benefits.
- USPS has many openings in several locations.
- Many construction job opportunities in the Twin Cities area through the Construction Hiring Connection. They also offer many construction training programs.
- Must read article for writing a resume (for all ages).
- How to Prepare for 5 Key Interview Questions
- Master the Panel Interview
- Don't make these interviewing mistakes. We can help you practice before your interview - call and schedule a mock interview.
- The 'new' interview attire - Before you dress for your next job interview, you'd better read this
- References are so important; have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. Here are some resources to help you with references:
Ask the question - "Why is This Position Available?"