New Information 5/25/2018
Have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend!
Free clipper hair cuts every Friday from 11-1. Must call for an appointment - 952.933.1393
Upcoming ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours at K-Tel
Wednesday, 5/30/18, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Get some quick tips on your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities or schedule an appointment, too!
Job Events and Training
Join PPL's FREE ReEntry2Work training program! In this 10 day course, running June 4th through June 19th, you'll gain computer and communication skills, receive customized job search assistance, and learn a modern approach to overcoming barriers that will improve your odds of building a meaningful career. A skilled Employment Specialist will help you connect with employers that are flexible in their hiring practices and are willing to have open conversations with applicants. Additionally, you'll have access to PPL's wraparound services, including Financial Coaches, for up to a year following job placement. A flyer for the ReEntry2Work program is found here. Can't attend the class? Connect with Tony, the program trainer, to hear about other opportunities. Call or email Tony Dosen (612-455-5128) to get started or ask questions!
- Kelber Catering job fair on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sabathani Community Center – 310 East 38th Street, # 120, Minneapolis, MN 55409 (dress professionally and bring resume/references).
- Seward Community Coop job fair on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sabathani Community Center – 310 East 38th Street, # 120, Minneapolis, MN 55409.
- PPL June Banking Program. Attend an assessment session on Thursday, 5/24, sign up by 5/23. Click here to apply or call 612.455.5300 and speak with Abbie or Maggie.
- Dungarvin job fair on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the South Minneapolis Human Service Center – 2215 East Lake Street, Room 122, Minneapolis, MN 55407 (dress professionally and bring resume/references).
- Free financial planning course through Lutheran Social Services (LSS). Click here for dates and registration.
Hennepin County Employment Services - There are many upcoming job fairs and job events.
- Aldi has job openings. Attend a hiring event to apply.
Do you have a passion for positively impacting youth? Do you want to be in a school-based healthcare clinic model of holistic, prevention-focused care? Join the @mplsschlclinics team as a Medical Assistant! Apply by 6/3.
Seward Community Coop has many part-time job opportunities. Attend the job fair (dress professionally and bring resume/references) on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sabathani Community Center – 310 East 38th Street, # 120, Minneapolis, MN 55409 or apply online. Shifts are 15—28 hours per week. Wages: $11.25 to $14.75 an hour. Paid time off and staff discounts. Will train.
Kelber Catering at the Minneapolis Convention Center is hiring! Salary ranges from $12.70 to$ 17.02/hour depending on the job and experience. Attend the job fair (dress professionally and bring resume/references) on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sabathani Community Center – 310 East 38th Street, # 120, Minneapolis, MN 55409 (dress professionally and bring resume/references) or apply online.
- Dungarvin has full and part time positions available. Dungarvin provides in-house and residential services to adults with physical, mental, or emotional disabilities. Wages start at $12.24/hour. Attend the job fair on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the South Minneapolis Human Service Center – 2215 East Lake Street, Room 122, Minneapolis, MN 55407 (dress professionally and bring resume/references) or apply online.
- Many open positions at Moxy Minneapolis Uptown - stylish boutique hotel.
- BIX Produce Co positions available - Night Order Selector ($16.30/hr, 3rd shift), Processing Associate ($10.50/hr, 1st & 3rd shifts), Service Delivery Driver ($19.90/hr, various shifts). These are full-time positions with benefits; positions are also on a bus line.
- Lunds and Byerlys at Glen Lake is hiring deli clerk and cashiers.
- InterContinental Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport is a brand new 291-room hotel connected directly to the airport and light rail. The hotel boasts 2 restaurants, a penthouse level observation bar, a world-class spa, a ball room, banquet and meeting rooms, and more! They are hiring for all positions, shifts, part time and full time, $9.65 for tipped positions, $12+ for all others.
- Celarity has many marketing positions open.
- Franklin Street Bakery is hiring. $11/hr, plus great benefits.
- Garden City is opening a seasonal Garden Mart in Hopkins / Minnetonka area at Hwy 7 & Hopkins Crossroads, by Perkins. Part-time seasonal Garden Center Attendant from late April / early May to Sept. Plant & gardening knowledge is helpful but not necessary and the hours will be flexible. Perfect for retirees, gardeners, students, 'work-at-homers' - anyone looking for some extra income over the summer. $10/hr with generous employee discount. Please email Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an interview or for more information.
- USPS has many openings in several locations.
- Summer jobs at Valley Fair. Apply online
- Many construction job opportunities in the Twin Cities area through the Construction Hiring Connection. They also offer many construction training programs.
- Jet Blue is coming to Minneapolis-St. Paul. Airport Operations Crew PT positions available.
- Your Boat Club is hiring. Learn about the opportunities and apply on their fb page.
- Senior Community Services has open positions in lawn care and communications.
- Must read article for writing a resume (for all ages).
- How to Prepare for 5 Key Interview Questions
- Master the Panel Interview
- Don't make these interviewing mistakes. We can help you practice before your interview - call and schedule a mock interview.
- The 'new' interview attire - Before you dress for your next job interview, you'd better read this
- References are so important; have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. Here are some resources to help you with references: