New Information 3/19/2018
Free clipper cuts every Friday from 11-1. Must call for an appointment - 952.933.1393
Upcoming ICA Employment Assistance walk-in hours at K-Tel
Wednesday, 3/21/18, 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm. Get some quick tips on your resume, cover letter, job application, job search, etc. Learn about new job opportunities or schedule an appointment, too!
Job Events and Training
Job Development Career Fair on Monday, April 2, 2018 held at the Hennepin County Library – Minneapolis Central – 300 Nicollet Mall, 2nd floor, Minneapolis, MN. This event is free and open to all job searchers. Over 35 employers will be attending this event! The employers attending have several job openings, so bring copies of your resume and be prepared for interviews! Please dress professionally.
Hennepin County Employment Services - There are many upcoming job fairs and job events.
- Youth Build and Education and Training Programs offered by Goodwill. Acquire new skills for a new job!
Garden City is opening a seasonal Garden Mart in Hopkins / Minnetonka area at Hwy 7 & Hopkins Crossroads, by Perkins. Part-time seasonal Garden Center Attendant from late April / early May to Sept. Plant & gardening knowledge is helpful but not necessary and the hours will be flexible. Perfect for retirees, gardeners, students, 'work-at-homers' - anyone looking for some extra income over the summer. $10/hr with generous employee discount. Please email Barry at email@example.com to set up an interview or for more information.
- USPS has many openings in several locations.
- Summer jobs at Valley Fair - come to the onsite job fairs on March 9th (5-7 pm) and March 30th. Apply online prior to attending.
- Many construction job opportunities in the Twin Cities area through the Construction Hiring Connection. They also offer many construction training programs.
- Epic Home Services in Excelsior needs cleaners. Call Brian Trombley, Owner/President, at 952.401.7987, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org, to learn more.
- Test Scorers, $15/hr with Data Recognition - must have a 4-year degree. Application information.
- Jet Blue is coming to Minneapolis-St. Paul. Airport Operations Crew PT positions available.
- Dunbar Armored Inc is hiring Driver/Guards at a new pay rate of $16 per hour up to $17.50 per hour 1st year $2,000 sign on bonus!
- Part-time help needed at Munkabeans Coffeehouse in Hopkins. Wage is $13-14/hr. To apply go to the website contact form and email to request an application.
- Your Boat Club is hiring. Learn about the opportunities and apply on their fb page.
- General Mills is hiring 60 Production Technicians in Chanhassen.
- Senior Community Services has an open Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator position - contact Jon Burkhow at email@example.com, Snow Shoveling positions - contact Bethany Sapp at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-767-7886 and Housekeeping positions - contact Valerie Anderson at email@example.com or call 952-767-7893.
- Must read article for writing a resume (for all ages).
- How to Prepare for 5 Key Interview Questions
- Master the Panel Interview
- Don't make these interviewing mistakes. We can help you practice before your interview - call and schedule a mock interview.
- The 'new' interview attire - Before you dress for your next job interview, you'd better read this
- References are so important; have them lined up and ready before you apply and interview. Here are some resources to help you with references:
Looking for a tool to help you find jobs that may only be posted on a company’s career page? LinkUp is a search engine for jobs it pulls from company websites, not the “boards”.