Local Training Opportunities
Check out the training programs and other services offered by Emerge.
- Click here for information about Tree Trust, employment and training opportunities for youth, particularly in landscaping and tree care.
M-Powered, Manufacturing Moving Forward Fast Track Career Training sponsored by Hennepin Technical College and HIRED. Click here for program information.
International Institute of Minnesota Workforce Development
Cullinary SKills Training Program at Catholic Charities Opportunity Center in Minneapolis. A 10 week class to prepare for food industry jobs. Click here for more information. Call Laura Skubic at 612.204.8307 to set up an initial interview.
Adult Options in Education through Hopkins Community Ed - Click here for information or call 952.988.5343
- Short-Term training programs offered through Takoda Institute located in Minneapolis
- Step Ahead - career planning for people with criminal convictions. Click here for information and programs.
- Take another look at the training programs offered by Goodwill-Easter Seals. Information sessions are held the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month at 2:00 p.m. at both locations.
- East Side Neighborhood Services at 1700 Second Street NE in Minneapolis, offers employment and training. Contact email@example.com or call (612) 787-4051 for information.
- Click here for training opportunties at PPL (Project for Pride in Living)
- WorkForce Center workshops - click here to register
College/University Courses and Business Advice
- University of St. Thomas announces associate degree program for low income students.
- Take advantage of free online courses. Investigate these websites:
- Lucrative Careers, Inc.
- CareerCenterToolbox - Better Job Search Performance
- Get the most out of LinkedIn - click here
- Take advantage of free computer classes at Hennepin County library locations - click here to register