University of St. Thomas announces associate degree program for low income students.
Check out the training programs and other services offered by Emerge.
- Click here for information about Tree Trust, employment and training opportunities for youth, particularly in landscaping and tree care.
M-Powered, Manufacturing Moving Forward Fast Track Career Training sponsored by Hennepin Technical College and HIRED. Click here for program information.
Hotel Housekeeping - Free Training Program for New American Women. Call Pamela Seiler at 651.647.0191 x325 to apply. Beginning English for Work class included! Click here for International Institute of MN web site.
Cullinary SKills Training Program at Catholic Charities Opportunity Center in Minneapolis. A 10 week class to prepare for food industry jobs. Click here for more information. Call Laura Skubic at 612.204.8307 to set up an initial interview.
Adult Options in Education through Hopkins Community Ed - Click here for information or call 952.988.5343
- Short-Term training programs offered through Takoda Institute located in Minneapolis. Attend an informational session held every Tuesday at 1:30 pm at the Takoda Franklin Ave Campus. To learn more, visit www.takoda.aioic.edu or contact Maichue Khang at (612) 341-3358 x176. This course is intended for students with basic user knowledge of computers and their various applications.
- Step Ahead - career planning for people with criminal convictions. Click here for information and programs.
- Take another look at the training programs offered by Goodwill/Easter Seals. Once you have completed one of the programs, Banking and Finance, Medical Office, Contact Center, Construction, Automotive Service, or Retail, Goodwill/Easter Seals will assist you in finding a job related to your training. Information sessions/eligibility screenings are held every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month at 1:45 p.m.
- East Side Neighborhood Services at 1700 Second Street NE in Minneapolis, offers employment training. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 787-4051 for information.
- Click here for training opportunties at PPL (Project for Pride in Living)
- Take advantage of free online courses. Investigate these websites:
- Take advantage of free computer classes at Hennepin County library locations - click here to register
- WorkForce Center workshops - click here to register
- Try a webinar! Go to Lucrative Careers, Inc.
- CareerCenterToolbox - Better Job Search Performance
- Get the most out of LinkedIn. Attend a free LinkedIn webinar click here